Wednesday, February 22, 2012

OOTD: Homage to Michael Jordan

My OOTD was for casual Friday at my job, which just so happened to fall on Michael Jordan's birthday.

I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.... Michael Jordan 


My love for Jordan started when I was about 9, I am part of that generation of basketball. Hardwood was just different back then, I don't know how to explain it, but you can relate if  you were a fan. I was born a Laker fan but the talent that Jordan delivered was inevitable regardless of who your team was.  Well...unless you were my Dad, he never was a Bulls or Jordan fan, ever. Ya see, my favorite past time was watching hoops with my Dad, I learned everything there was to ever know about basketball just listening to him talk his crap & throw remote controls when the Lakers lost. LOL I collected basketball cards, loads of them & would quiz him all the time...naming out the last name and jersey number & he'd tell me the team, he'd take me to the Bren Center in the summers & we'd watch the Lakers practice during off-season. I truly loved the game of ball, and still do!  I think I broke his heart when I got my first Starters jacket & it was in Red, not our native Purple & Gold. He'd always tell me, take that off!  Any of my close friends would tell you, my pager code was #23 & I was the epitome of a die hard Jordan fan. So when I rock my J's I rock em' with pride, having seen every milestone of his career and the first time every number of sneaker hit the shelf. I could care less if they cost 50 cents, 50 dollars or the price they retail for now. I rock mine as a homage, to one of the greatest players ever in the history of the NBA to hit the hardwood, I am a TRUE fan.


These are the first Jordan's to ever be released, the 1's. It's a trip hearing people call them Retros, but that's what they are.  Dang I'm old!!

Wearing the 10's in red. I've had these since 2005.


This was my Instagram :)
If you have it, follow me @ StreetHeart

Half way thru the work week!

5 comments:

Rxqnaesthetics said...

Im a big Jordan fan especially when I was 8-9 yrs old like you especially I was a big tomboy and followed all the basketball games wore jerseys. No matter who your home team is Jordan was the icon and role model he still is.

Elizabeth said...

You look pretty. cool sneakers!

RochellekeCloset said...

great shoes! I was Jordan fan too ;-)

Dale JaneƩ said...

OMG, what a cool post. I love MJ and you look great in your sporty outfit with the shoes. I want to start searching for a pair. great post, following you now

xoDale


http://www.savvyspice.net/

www.majormusthaves.com said...

Great post. You look pretty!