Monday, January 9, 2012

A New Year, A New Day

So typically this time of the year, we are trying to stick to our "resolutions" that
will be soon forgot probably by February 2nd.... Well at least that's how I roll! LOL
This year I didn't entertain the thought of a resolution.
I'm just trying to evolve even more as a person, with out losing who I truly am.
Daily, I read more and more and am constantly hungry for knowledge.
With that being said, I wish you a VERY PROSPEROUS year, with
An abundance of whatever it is that you truly desire.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

When I think of Belmont Shore, located in Long Beach also known as "The Shore", I always think of my Uncle Billy. He used to live in the 'hood' part of LB, but would always tell everyone he stayed in 'Belmont Shore'. One of his many funny antics that he left behind that I'll always remember.

 
2nd Street in Belmont Shore, is nestled along the coast in a charming beach side community with over 250 businesses. The surrounding neighborhood is hugged by beautiful Spanish Style homes from the 1920's and 30's. After a delightful lunch, we had to take an extra stroll through the surrounding streets, to take a quick peak.



We stumbled upon this alluring little Bohemian Cafe that had a cute little patio adorned with smiley faces, champagne flutes & palatable dishes suitable for our little hearts desires.

Le Creperie Cafe Bohemian Bistro & Bar
4911 E. 2nd Street
Long Beach, CA

Not big on trying escargot for the first time, we went for a more common French dish for our appetizer.


Crepe Vendome
Two savory crepes filled with chicken, melted brie cheese, apples, caramelized onions, topped with mango chutney & sour cream.

I decided to go lite for my main dish & ordered a salad with fish.

Salmon Salad Nicoise
Fresh pan seared salmon, baby greens, haricot verts, red onions, eggs, potatoes, kalamata olives and anchovies dressed in a Dijon vinaigrette




Coupled with mango & peach mimosas, joined by a toast to another blessed year.
My salad was good, but the next time I go I will definitely get the Al Mare.
The lobster basil sauce was heavenly!!!

Al Mare
Jumbo shrimp, sun-dried & plum tomatoes, wild mushrooms, shallots & mozzarella cheese in a lobster basil cream sauce



Wishing all my Jazzy readers a FAB New Year.
Stay Tuned because I have a Giveaway coming later today!

Much Love in 2012,

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

pretty houses! the food looks delicious!

Fashion With Ellie said...

this food looks so yummy!!

fashionwithellie.blogspot.com

Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle said...

Happy 2012 gorgeous!!! And love your cargo pants great look so comfy and chic.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

MaviDeniz said...

Looks like a nice place and the food looks so yummy! Happy 2012!

Xo

Style Dilettante said...

I love the LBC!

You did a beautiful job with this feature... I want that Nicoise RIGHT NOW!

http://www.inherentstylela.com/

mirel said...

Looks so yummy!
xx
follow me if u want:)

http://fashionalphilosophy.blogspot.com/