Thursday, March 3, 2011

Fashionista Spotlight [I AM LALA]

Alani "LaLa" Vasquez - Anthony
She refuses to be typecast as an 'NBA Wife'


I love a self made chick, and that's exactly what Lala is! She began her career early in her teenage years interning at a local radio station in Atlanta at Hot 97, from there she began her career in media & entertainment. She landed her first big gig on 100.3 The Beat in Los Angeles which opened up other avenues that would impact her life forever. In the early 2000's you couldn't turn on MTV with out seeing this pretty face. She not only  held her own, she mastered the art of hosting and spot interview.

Photobucket

Her style is fabulous!

Photobucket

How fly are these women's Christian Louboutin rollerball loafers?
They will set you back $995.00

In 2008 Lala launched Krossover Productions, which is the executive producer of the critically acclaimed TYSON, an independent documentary of the heavy weight champion Mike Tyson.



Alani is gorgeous, with such a welcoming smile!

Cirtics Choice Awards VH1

In 2010 Lala & her long time boyfriend (and baby daddy) tied the knot in a Black Tie Affair wedding in NYC. With both having roots in Puerto Rico, LaLa reaches out on the Ethinicity question.
A lot of people don’t realize that I’m Latina, which is fine. One thing about being Latina is that there isn’t one look that comes with the territory. I don’t expect people to know my cultural background just by glancing at me. I do, however, expect that when I tell people my family is from Puerto Rico, that I will be believed and not accused of trying to be something that I’m not. It usually goes something like this: a person having a conversation with me discovers one way or another that I’m Puerto Rican and fluent in Spanish. That person then expresses their shock over these realizations for any number of reasons–common responses are, “You don’t look Latina” and “I thought you were black!” I never said I wasn’t black. And since when does being black and being Latina have to be mutually exclusive?
As I start to get my feet wet in Hollywood, I already know that there are certain parts I won’t even be considered for. The character can be Puerto Rican and speak Spanish just like me, but Hollywood defines Latina as Jennifer Lopez and Sofia Vergara. As beautiful as they are, we’re not all one race in Latin America. But I don’t go to auditions so that I can give history lessons to film executives. I’d rather skip the entire process.



Lala & her family has recently moved to NYC where her husband now plays for the New York Knicks. They're also busy filimg 'My Full Court Life' which will feature the Anthony family.


LaLa filming My Full Court Life.
Her gloves are TO.DIE.FOR!!!


Reppin' For her Husband with his Shoes...cute.

LaLa, Carmelo & Kiyan

Love the Louboutin's that she picked up to match her Husbands new jersey color!
MORE FRINGE!


Enjoying her honeymoon in Costa Rica!

All photo credits go to grownblackandsexy.org
& Lala's website







2 comments:

Sarai said...

She definitely has style! Love these pics. I'm your new follower :)

Please check out my blog too and follow back if you like! xoxo

http://beautyjusticehappiness.blogspot.com

Natalie said...

Hi Sarai!
Thanks for the follow, I'll def. check you out!