Friday, October 29, 2010

Day 26 – A photo of somewhere you’ve been to.

For 4th of July in 2003 I went to visit my Grandma Bami in Utah. I'll never forget this visit as long as I live for a few reasons. One because most of my family was all there, I visited the Mormon temple && that night the Kobe Bryant rape case hit the media! The majority of my family took a day trip to Salt Lake City and we visited the Mormon Temple. I couldn't actually go inside because I'm not Mormon but there were several other buildings I was allowed to go into. The grounds of this place is BEAUTIFUL, it's like being at Disneyland, not a single piece of trash or bubble gum stuck on the ground. IMMACULATE to say the least. No disrespect but the best part about this besides the amazing architecture was my sister && I carrying our Starbucks all around the grounds. Oh we were such the little devils! Sheesh we couldn't help it with Boarders right across the street!


I remember her calling out my name because I was sleeping on the couch. She knew how much I LOVED Kobe. She loved Karl Malone && was a huge Jazz fan so she could talk Bball just like me. Anyway, we talked for HOURS that night about Kobe && life. I think we stayed up until 1 or 2 AM talking. We laughed so hard together. She's a Virgo just like my best friend && we just click. Always have, she used to make me laugh so hard && her laugh was so infectious.  I never knew that would be our last conversation in person. I would have told her so much more. Until this day I have never and probably will never meet someone as soft and cuddly as her. She gave the best Bami hugs. Sorry for the sappy-two-days-in-a-row posts...

No comments: